Monday, May 13, 2013

Cant make this stuff up

  I have a funny story.....
Well, its one of those stories that at first wasn't very funny. 
 But after looking at the situation and realizing there is nothing I can do.....I just started laughing! And not just a haha kind of laugh. An hysterical, full belly compulsions laugh. 
Now before I get to the story, let me just explain something about myself. I do not laugh easy. It has to 
be super duper funny to get me to break out in a gut wrenching laugh. I try to laugh, I really do....but most the time, its really not that funny. The hubs says I just don't have a sense of humor. Maybe he's right...ugh, hate for those words to come out of my mouth. But I just tell him, this is how God made me...boom!
Ok, lets get on to the funny part.....hope its as funny to read as it was for me going through it. Probably not, but here goes!
Friday we decided we were going to do pizza and movie night with fam. Homemade pizza I might add. Now I had everything to make the dough, but thats it. So figured after I get the girls from school, we would all just "quickly" run to the store. I get into the store with all four kids and they are being so good for me. So then deiced why not just go full blown grocery shopping. I can do this....had already made a trip to the bathroom, kids have snacks, were good. 
We have so much stuff, we actually had two carts. It takes a lot to feed a family of six. I load up all the kids, load up are two carts of groceries, go to drive away and the car won't start. Tried several times and  nothing. Oh and it was 100 degrees. Umm, yeah...at this point I wasn't finding the situation to be very funny. 
The hubs is at work, and not answering my calls, which at that point just added to the frustration. I get it their busy working making our family a living. But aren't husbands supposed to get this intuition, that this call is not just a "how's your day going" kind of call, but a serious "I need help" call?! Ok, I might be asking too much, but at that moment, its seemed logical. 
I get a hold of my sis and she is coming to our rescue. We then transfer the all kids and all the groceries  to her car and finally make our decent home. We get in my neighborhood, and wouldn't you know...my sister's car dies! Seriously....I can"t make this stuff up. Now, here's where the hysterical laughing comes in to play. We could not believe this was happening! At this point, there was nothing to do but laugh. I was just thankful we were in the neighborhood. 
I walk the kids home, pick up the stroller and head back to the car to start making trips with the food. Nothing like seeing a women walking a stroller, that has no kids in it, but is filled with food. 

And to think....I could had just got the pizza ingredients. But hey, I got a funny story and lots of memories from it!! 



tank//nordstroms (similar here)   jeans//anthropologie  (similar here)   scarf//forever21



My adorable kids on Mother's Day...blessed
Mother's Day lunch with my sister-in-law & mother-in-law


Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day



LOVE & HUGS.....Libby

4 comments:

  1. It's stories like this that keep that "supermom" title intact!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just reading this...even though I was there...I'm STILL laughing!!!
    Cute scarf, btw ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! That is hysterical, in the "not funny"est way possible! Wow, Libby! I'm glad it mostly worked out in the end and provided you and your sis with a great belly laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha just LOVE. these moments & is it me or is it always us? These things would never happen to my husband! Lol... keep em comin sister xo ;-)

    ReplyDelete