Monday, February 11, 2013

Sunday's, family & traditions

Sunday's always seem to sneak up on me. Its a day that I enjoy very much, but know that my weekend is about over and another week is going to start. Which kind of makes me choke up a bit. I mean who doesn't enjoy a nice weekend?! Who are we kidding, nice or not we still enjoy them. 
Sundays are a family day in this household. Even growing up, we always went to church then went out to eat together. I just love the fact that I married into a family that has the same traditions. Although it has changed a bit with all the kiddos now. We no longer go out to eat, but enjoy a home cooked meal at my in-laws. Which to be honest, is sooo much better. For a number of reasons. The food for one is delish and with 7 kids (counting my nieces and nephew) its better to let the them eat and and then go play, while we all get to talk, play games, sleep (not all at the same time) or whatever the afternoon calls for. It just works for us! 
I plan to continue this tradition even after my kids are older, and hope they love it as much as me. 


 isn't my in-laws grass so pretty & divine?! 
us Phoenicians go crazy over some good, green grass.
have to let you in on a lil secret.......its fake. 
shhh.....nobody has to know




tank//madewell   skirt//madewell    jacket//target   flats//target
belt//urban outfitters (similar)    necklace///llltrends   sunnies//payless

3 comments:

  1. thank you for specifying that you do not all sleep at the same time.. hahaha! no group naps, libby? ;)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha.....that did sound quite dumb. Trying to emphasize that we don't just sleep and let the kids run amok!

      Delete
    2. ohhh hahaha! i literally thought you were trying to point out that you don't all take a big family nap together. that makes so much more sense now!

      Delete