Friday, March 22, 2013

downward spiral

FRIDAY has arrived......and we all can say, Wahoo!! I started my day off by going to the gym. Oh I needed it after my pig out session last night. But I'm going to be real with ya"ll (look at me, pretending I have a Texan accent) I get stinky when I work out. Okay, I know that nobody smells like roses after a good sweat, but I really feel like I stink more than normal. I mean, I can smell myself......that's bad, isn't it?! 
Now I work out with friends quite often and nobody has ever addressed me about it. Which can only mean two things. One, they are embarrassed to bring it up or two, its really not as bad as I think. Oh please, please be number two!! 
So after I leave the gym, I head home with out passing go or collecting $200 and head straight to the shower. Now this is where the downward spiral starts.
 Once I am all clean, and smell like roses again, I have to get ready. Just seems kind of pointless to me to just put on lounge clothes, even if I'm just staying home. Now that I am smelling good, and actually dressed in something besides pajamas, I feel like it will be a big waste to do all that and just "sit here". 
So, you guessed it......now I have to head out and about. Where you might ask?! Who knows!! I will come up with something. Which usually involves spending money. 
Starting to feel bad for my hubby?!........hey, your supposed to be on my side!! No, I do go out and about without spending money......sometimes!! I even sell the kids' old clothes for money. So, I do my part. Sounds like I'm trying to convince myself.....shhh, I am! 
Now how to go about ending this spiral......
don't workout......kidding, don't shower.......super kidding!!
Guess I need to learn its ok to be ready and hang out at home. Oh boy, this is going to be tough!






tank//american eagle (similar here)    skirt//h&m   flips//rainbows  
scarf//ae    sunnies//target

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! This is so me! I go to the gym, I work out, I go straight to the shower, and then I change into a nice outfit for NOTHING lol because I don't want to go out and spend money.I completely get it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one that "suffers" with this :)

      Delete
  2. I'm not even quite sure how I found my way here, but I'm so glad I did! Your style is me, to a tee, and I've been trying to figure out how to get back into actually. getting. dressed. (After just one, though, haha!) Your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're the cutest. You are ALWAYS the cutest :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously Brittany.....your TOO sweet!! I don't deserve that!! Thanks love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel your pain about being sweaty and stinky, but seriously I've never smelt you and I will tell you if you want me too. Because I want you to tell me! lol No but I do the same thing too, it's just too much effort put in not to get dressed and sometimes I find it easier to just get out of the house. :) Great post and outfit!
    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete