Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter & new traditions

Happy Easter Eve everyone!! 
Tomorrow we get to celebrate the resurrection of our King!! 
Yay!!!
Now, it was always a tradition growing up, that we got all dolled up Easter morning for church and the family festivities after. I have pretty much continued that tradition with my own family now, just a little tweaked. Let me explain....
 Growing up in the 80's/90's, that meant a big frilly dress with ruffles galore, big hair with a hat and even white socks that had ruffles. Now obviously fashion has changed over the years, but even if it didn't, I can't justify getting an outfit for the kids that they can't really wear over and over again. You may call that frugal, I call that smart. I mean with four kiddos you got to be more practical with things. 
Oh geez.... am I really saying this?! I am so not a practical person.
I tend to get the girls a sundress and the boys a button up with shorts. Well, nothing has changed this year except I have got even more relaxed. We are talking flip flops, and DIY stuff. This is sounding like a train wreck. But I promise it will look "put together"......I hope! 
I guess I'm not really continuing that tradition after all......
oh well, here's to new ones! 





dress//h&m (similar here)    shirt//zara (similar here) 
shoes//converse




No comments:

Post a Comment