Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Count your Blessings

Wow, what a sad world we are living in these days. Each and every day there are horrible tragedies, and disease consuming people over and over again.  To be quite honest I don't ever watch the news.....and I mean EVER! I know our world is crazy! I don't need to see it first hand. As long as I'm aware, I don't see anything wrong with it. Besides, with all the social media its not like I'm really out of the loop. 
I was approached by a lovely women named Heather, that asked if I would share her story on my blog. I was happy to help her get the word out about the dreaded disease known as cancer. 
She is a 44 year old women that is a mother to a 7 year old little girl. When her daughter was just 3 1/2 months old, Heather was diagnosed with Mesothelioma. A type of cancer that kills 90-95% of those who have it. You can imagine her thoughts, as she wondered how she was going to take care of her daughter and watch her grow. 
She then went through intense treatment and recovery and is so happy to say, she is still here 7 years later, cancer free. Through all her pain and struggles, she would like to turn that into inspiration and awareness, since this can be 100% preventable. Please check out her blog for more information mesothelioma.com/blog/authors/heather
You never know what life has in store for you. So we all need to enjoy every moment and 
count your blessings!


 shirt//kohl's   pants//ae (similar)  shoes//steve madden  belt//h&m

one of my many blessings 



LOVE & HUGS.........Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment