Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Mommy's workout

I have been asked by many as to what I do to stay in shape, after having four. First and foremost I am constantly moving. There is no time to sit down with a whole basketball team. Yes I realize that 5, but it sounds more dramatic that way. When there is this many, its all the same right?! Seriously though, someone needs a drink, a diaper needs to be changed.......ok, ok let's be frank. This is what it's really like. Someone spilled water all over the floor, a diaper got taken off and there's brown in it.....I think you get my drift. 
But let's be serious.....we all know, that just moving doesn't keep the average joe "in shape". I regularly attend a gym. And when I say regularly, I can be a bit obsessed at times. I do try to go at least 5 times a week, sometimes more. I need the gym. As a stay home mom, that is "my" thing, that gets me out of the house and allows me to talk/interact with someone over the age of 6. However, I only attend classes. For me this is just the best thing ever! I love the group setting and have made quite a few friends. Now I know this sounds like I attend for social hour, but honestly for me I work harder in this setting. I have a competitive nature and this only drives me to push harder. I mean I don't want to look like the weak link. And my kids love going, so it's a win, win! 
I also try to eat healthy and keep things in moderation. There are times, that I go a little over board on the dessert situation though. But what's life without some sweets in it!
And that's why I workout!


sweater//h&m; current   pants//american eagle  shoes//target  belt//h&m  necklace//forever21



LOVE & HUGS..........Libby

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Seriously Kerrin....you made my night!! Your too kind!

      Delete
  2. Hey Libby, it's Rachel (from the gym:) I love your blog posts, you are absolutely gorgeous! Such great style and fashion. I wanted to ask what products you use on your hair? Or do you just naturally have beautiful volumtuous (pretty sure that's not a word and I spelt it wrong) hair? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks Rachel....you are too sweet!! My hair is naturally really thick. But I do use a few products on it. I use a serum called Orchids oil by white sands. Honestly I have never heard of this.....I got it from my hair dresser. I put it in right after the shower and usually let my hair air dry. Its naturally wavy, so once it dries I throw a few curls in there with the curling iron and then use bed head, hard head hairspray. Hope this helps :) btw....your hair looked gorgeous tonight! :)

      Delete
  3. Ok loved the lines, "Someone spilled water all over the floor, a diaper got taken off and there's brown in it.....I think you get my drift." I so LOL'd, cuz that right there is real Mommy-life!! Thank you for sharing your workout routine. Wow! That is amazing that you get to the gym 5 days/week! With my schedule I could get to the gym 4 days/week, but some weeks go by were I don't see it at all, becuz I make excuses! So not good! So reading your post inspired me, thinking wow if Libby does this, so can I! You're a beautiful, inspirational Mom! Keep it up!! P.S. your outfit in the post is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I am inspiring you!! Trust me I don't always make it to the gym either. Once I get the idea though, I hurry up and get the gang ready to go. If I think about it too long, then all these different excuses start to come up. That's the hardest part.....so if you can just get yourself there, then you know you'll work out. Thanks for all the kinds words and I'm glad you appreciate my funny mommy talk :)

      Delete