Wednesday, November 7, 2012

White after Labor Day

Ok, let's just start by saying, who has heard of the "no white after Labor Day" rule?!  Growing up I heard it over and over again!! Was it because a lot of my teen years was in the 90's........hmmm, I don't know. Might not have anything to do with it, but doesn't it seem like it was?! Maybe just me. Anyway, that rule has pretty much became null and void. 
For me, this has not been a hard rule to follow. I tend to very rarely wear white, on the bottom half, due to my body type. Just recently though, I was told I needed to purchase some white jeans for a scene I'm in, in my churches Christmas play. My first though was... Eeek! Not only do I have to wear them in public, but now I have to wear them on stage in front of thousands.  Like the good little cast member that I am, I went to the store to purchase some. I was shocked to find, that I actually liked these little suckers! 

And here I am wearing them today with no rules to follow! Except the one of keeping them clean.......which might be a task with four. 

jeans//american eagle  sweater//h&m  blazer//target  hat//walmart  scarf//walmart  shoes//steve madden  watch//fossil  spike bracelet//livelaughlovetrends  silver bracelet//marc by marc jacobs  leather bracelet//disneyland


LOVE & HUGS........Libby

4 comments:

  1. i wouldn't have ever guessed the scarf and hat are from wal-mart! i always see things like that there, but am hesitant to buy them for fear they will look cheap. you have proven that my thought is wrong. i will definitely be on the lookout for a good find next time i am there. p.s. love this blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayme...glad I have inspired you!:) Seriously though, I was quite shocked myself to stumble across these. I was definitely willing to try them out, for a $10 hat & $3.75 scarf.

      Delete
  2. I have no clue what you are talking about when you say body type. Unless you are referring to skinny and toned LOL. You look great. We are all Laborers so therefore you can wear white after Labor day:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Ashley!!....I just have a bigger bottom half and usually white emphasizes that! :)

      Delete